New York City is a very large city with lots of things going on. It is a beautiful area to live or visit. You will definitely find plenty of things to do and sights to see. Have you been wondering what the 5 boroughs of New York City area that sits along the Atlantic Ocean and the Hudson River?
A borough is a town that is located inside of a City. The 5 boroughs we are going to be discussing are all located under the same city. New York Gates is one of the companies that are located in one of the boroughs of New York City.
Many people are going to associate this area with The Yankees Stadium, being where the stadium is located. As of 2018, the population was about 1.4 million people. So, this is a very largely populated area. It is where Hip Hop and Rap music originated from. You can definitely find plenty to do and enjoy here, such as;
- The Bronx Zoo
- New York Botanical Gardens
- Wave Hill
- The Van Cortlandt House Museum
- City Island Botanical Museum
The Bronx is well known to be a great area to live in and work. Just like anywhere else, there are good sides of town and then there are the more dangerous sides of town. For the most part, this is a fun and exciting place to visit.
Brooklyn is a very large borough in New York City, it’s population is more than 2.6 million people as of the most current count. There are so many reasons to list how you would have a great time visiting this part of town. Just to name a few of the most common reasons:
- The Food- There are a large array of restaurants and food trucks to try and experience in Brooklyn. You are sure to love everything about them and find some of your most favorite foods.
- Live Music- Many of the restaurants and bars have live music every night of the week. You can, most of the time, even find different areas of town that have people playing outdoors as well.
- Comedy- If you are someone who loves a great comedy show, you can find it in Brooklyn.
- Coney Island- A fun and historical amusement park located on the boardwalk
- All Kinds of Parks To Enjoy- Prospect Park, Brooklyn Bridge Park, and Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
- Museums and Aquariums- Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Children’s Museum, and New York Aquarium,
Living in Brooklyn can be a bit high in cost. You can expect to pay over $700,000 for a median home and then you have to factor in the costs of living and transportation. Although the prices may be high, it isn’t the most expensive borough to live in New York City.
This borough is one of the most expensive ones to live in and one of the most densely populated areas in New York City. It is a large makeup of the commercial areas of the City. You can have wonderful views of the Empire State Building and Times Square. This area is a very common and highly populated area to visit as well.
The population in Manhattan is over 1.6 million people. When you are in the area, there are many sights that are on the must see list. This is one of the places in NYC that has the most places to visit and enjoy. Some such as:
- Central Park
- Statue of Liberty
- Empire State Building
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Museum of Modern Art
- Rockefeller Center
- Top of The Rock
- M&M’s World
- A Large Number OF Fantastic Restaurants
- Plenty of High-End Shopping
- Dozens of Broadway Shows To See
So many fun places to put on your bucket list.
The Staten Island Ferry connects Staten Island to Manhattan. This area is one of the smaller boroughs in NYC with a population of a little more than 470,000 people as of 2018. Just because it is small, doesn’t mean that it is lacking in things to enjoy. Some of the wonderful things to experience here are:
- Staten Island Zoo
- The Snug Harbor Cultural Center and Botanical Garden
- Greek Revival Buildings
- Art Centers
- Verrazano-Narrows Bridge
- Staten Island Children’s Museum
- There Are Over 150 Parks To Visit
Believe it or not, Staten Island is one of the most wealthy boroughs in NYC and is considered to be a pretty safe neighborhood to live in. This area used to be home to one of the largest landfills, but that is not the case anymore. Queens
There was a population of 2.9 million people in Queens as of 218. That number has most likely climbed higher over the last couple of years. This borough in NYC is considered to be a pretty safe place to live and visit. Most people will agree that this part is one of the easier areas to drive in New York.
There are many attractions and sights to see in Queens that you are sure to enjoy. With it being home to two major airports, that makes it easy to get to. Some of the must see areas are:
- Flushing Meadows Park
- Queens Museum
- MoMA PS1
- Museum of The Moving Image
- Queens Zoo
If you are planning a trip to New York, Queens is a great place to start your visit.
Planning A Visit To NYC
New York Gates loves serving in the NYC area and is located in Brooklyn, one of NYC’s boroughs. The big city life of these areas is not for everyone. But, definitely is a place to visit and experience at least once.
You can find something for just about every interest in one of the boroughs of New York City. From big to small there is so much to enjoy, shopping to do, and food to eat. Each area has its own unique and fun things to do.
New York Gates is the leading security gate and commercial garage door supplier and installer in New York City. We service all the 5 boroughs of NYC. Get in touch with New York Gates today for a FREE quote.